Sunday, April 17, 2011

The story of Mia


There are currently over 1500 children waiting for families on the waiting kids list. Some kids have been waiting a long, long time for a family to call their own. Two weeks ago, I learned about a little girl, now 4 year old, who has been waiting on this list for a year and a half for her family to find her. Her eyes reached into my soul, and as I looked at her sweet face I wondered, is she mine? I prayed. I asked Him to speak loudly and clearly, since sometimes I am a bit thick. He answered. Loudly. Clearly. She was meant for me, and for my girls who will be her big sisters.
I wrote my letter to the central agency in China which matches families together. Four working days later, I received a YES!
I was not expecting this. China had been closed to single parents until just last month. When I learned about the re-opening, I thought maybe in a few years. Maybe. But God has a sense of humor. I am meant to adopt NOW, not in a few years. Mia is waiting now.
Mia lives in the same area of China where my other 2 daughters were born. Just another red thread that connects us all together as a family.
The paperchase is on again. I am just as excited this third time around as I was for the first and second. My homestudy has started and the mad dash to get all of the papers to China has begun. Mia's been waiting and needs to come home soon. We all are so excited to have her join our family.
And today, there is one child less who waits for her family.

3 comments:

  1. She is beautiful!! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has a plan and we just enjoy the ride! Congratulations, she is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy - every time I read of your news, my eyes fill with Happy Tears .... I am so very happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete